Color Seal II™ is a membrane forming acrylic co-polymer sealer which is sprayed-on fresh colored concrete as a curing compound. It is used instead of water curing or plastic curing sheets which can discolor the slab. Color Seal II™ Keeps water in the slab while it cures which helps prevent cracking and optimizes final hardness. It also dust proof and seals the surface to protect against water damage and most stains. It is semi-transparent and tinted in 40 different shades to match our color card for integrally colored concrete.
- Curing Compound and Sealer for Colored Concrete
- Color-Matched to Davis Selector™
- Renews Old Colored Concrete
- Protects against Water Damage, Food and Oil Stains
- Blends-In minor surface discolorations
- Rejuvenates the appearance of old colored concrete
- Semi-Transparent/ Non-Yellowing
- Interior/Exterior Use
- Easy Clean-Up
- Roller or Spray Applied
- Water Base, Non-Flammable & Environmentally Safe
- Low VOC (60 g/l)
- Meets 7/1/2006 SCAQMD Rule 1113
- Conforms to ASTM C309 Standards
Use: On New Colored Concrete:
Apply as a curing compound to prevent rapid evaporation and promote proper slab hydration for strength and hardness. When applied in very thin coat, it is also used to hide minor surface discoloration. Second and third coats are used to completely hide or paint over the concrete. Common concrete applications are for decorative residential and commercial concrete such as driveways, patios, walkways and cart paths in both interior and exterior applications.
Use: On Older Colored Concrete:
Color Seal II™ is applied in light coats over existing colored concrete to renew the color appearance and seal and protect against moisture damage and most stains.
Color Seal II™ cannot color uncolored concrete and is not formulated to be used as a paint to completely hide stains or discolorations. Color Seal II™ is not suitable for hostile environments or warehouse floors. Variations in cement, water content and finishing methods may cause color of concrete to differ from color of this sealer. When wet, sealed surfaces are more slippery than unsealed surfaces; please add anti-slip or grit additive if used on surfaces that may become wet.
Proprietary modified acrylic co-polymer, water, long alcohol, surfactant and pigment.
2 gallon plastic jug (1 per carton). Shipping weight including carton is 18 pounds (8.16 Kg) each. Full pallet shipment is 48 cartons (48 gallons).
- Clean surface of oil, grease, dirt, paint or foreign matter.
- New Concrete: Apply after all bleed water and surface sheen has evaporated, finishing has been completed and concrete has achieved an initial set
- Old concrete: etch old, dusty colored concrete with concrete cleaner or a solution of 1 part Muriatic (Hydrochloric) Acid diluted with 20 parts water. Then flush completely with water and allow surface to dry.
- Protect surrounding structures from overspray.
- Choose Color Seal II™ of the same color as the concrete.
- Stir or shake container vigorously for one minute before opening. Use straight from container – do not dilute. Note: color of liquid will appear lighter than final shade when dry.
- Apply when ambient and surface temperature is above 45ºF (7ºC) and will remain above 45ºF (7ºC) for 12 hours.
- Apply to surfaces that are dry or damp but not wet.
- Apply with new or clean powered airless sprayer or pump sprayer designed for curing compounds or sealers that is clean of any resin, oil or solvent residue. Do not use garden-type or insecticide sprayer.
- Use sprayer on lightest mist setting for maximum atomization of spray. Apply a uniform thin coat, otherwise finished surface may look “painted”.
- Apply lightly over sloped surfaces or impressions to prevent runs, puddles and streaks.
- Do not allow sprayer to spit or spray droplets. Unclog nozzle and re-pressurize before continuing.
- If clogging continues, empty sprayer back into product container. Clean sprayer and spray tip with hot water. Then pour sealer through fine strainer or cheesecloth when refilling sprayer.
- If spray equipment is not available, a foam-type paint roller can be used. Apply as little Color Seal II™ as possible in a thin coat. Roll over areas thoroughly to prevent streaks and overlap marks. Dried surface will appear “painted” if over-applied.
- Color Seal II™ darkens as it dries. Wait 30 minutes drying time before deciding if a second coat is necessary.
- Test apply to small area. Let dry and approve finish before starting project.
- Do not try to cover up concrete with this product. This will result in a thick coat that will remain “tacky” when heated by sunlight and can be damaged by tire marks or show “tire prints”.
- Puddles or drips should be wiped up before they dry.
- Do not apply if rain, dew or water exposure is expected within 24 hours after application. Turn off automatic sprinklers.
- Do not apply in dusty conditions. Dust and dirt will adhere to sealer when wet and become locked into it as it dries.
- Color Seal II™ will not adhere properly to waxy, painted or otherwise sealed surfaces. Other curing agents or waxes must be stripped completely before attempting to apply Color Seal II™.
- Do not overlay with plastic sheet or construction paper until sealer is fully cured and concrete is dry (7-10 days new concrete, 1-2 days old concrete)
Color Seal II™ will form a “skin” in 30 minutes and harden in approximately 4 hours.
Allow 24 hours to dry completely. Weather or concrete conditions can slow down or speed up dry time from 1 to 8 hours. If a second coat is desired, allow the first coat to dry before application of second coat. Make certain the sealer is hard before resuming floor traffic. Allow 7 days dry-time on residential driveways.
300 square feet/gallon for rough concrete or 400 square feet/gallon for smooth concrete.
Soap and water promptly after application, before sealer is allowed to dry.
Clean sealed surfaces with soap and water. Abrasive cleaners, harsh chemicals, acids and some floor strippers can damage the sealer finish. So can abrasion from tires, pedestrian traffic or scuffs and scratches. Seal lasts 1 to 2 years depending on sun exposure and wear. Reapply to damaged or worn areas. Use a trigger-spray bottle or paint brush for touch ups.
- Surpasses ASTM C309 requirements
- Surpasses California AQMD rule 1113 requirements
- V.O.C. Content: 60 g/l.
- Solids Content: 22%
- Viscosity (Centipoise): 3 @ 68ºF (20ºC)
- Freezing Point: 32º (0ºC)
- Flash Point: Non-Flammable
- Weight/Gallon: 8.7 lbs.
- % Volatile: 78%
- Shelf Life: 1 year
Milky colored when liquid. Lighter color when first applied, then dries darker to semi-gloss and semi-transparent finish. Will not yellow or cloud.
Store away from heat sources. Do not allow to freeze as this will damage sealer. Close container after each use.
Store excess sealer for touch ups. Do not pour down household or storm drain. Take unwanted sealer to household hazmat round-up, authorized disposal site or donate to civic or graffiti clean-up services.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. WHEN WET, SEALED SURFACES ARE MORE SLIPPERY THAN UNSEALED SURFACES. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ROADWAYS, POOLDECKS, KITCHEN FLOORS OR SMOOTH WET PEDESTRIAN AREAS.
Davis Colors warrants the original purchaser of this product against defects in materials for a period of 12 months from date of purchase. Since you are in control of the application, process and conditions of use of this product, you have an obligation to test it to determine its suitability for your project. Despite this, if liability should be established for any damage, purchaser’s sole remedy shall be refund of product purchase price from point of purchase or replacement for the amount of sealer found defective at our option. Notice of any claim of defect must be given in writing.
THIS IS THE ENTIRE WARRANTY AND NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. DAVIS COLORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE REMEDIES PROVIDED HEREIN ARE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL DAVIS COLORS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT OR LABOR COSTS) WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL DOCTRINE.