W-1000 is a water-base modified acrylic co-polymer emulsion that doubles as a membrane forming curing compound and a long-lasting sealer, especially formulated for architectural applications. W-1000 quickly dries to a semi-gloss, non-yellowing and durable barrier against moisture, oil and most stains. W-1000 is a milky white liquid that sprays on blue and dries clear on any horizontal concrete surface. Its non-clouding formula makes it especially suitable for use on architectural, colored, sand blasted or exposed aggregate concrete.
- Cures, seals, hardens and dustproofs freshly poured concrete.
- Seals and dustproofs hardened concrete, masonry, stone, mortar, brick and stucco.
- Excellent for curing and sealing colored concrete.
- Protects against water damage and common stains.
- Low gloss, non yellowing, non-clouding and wear resistant
- Pre-treats surfaces for less paint soak-through.
- Preserves the natural look of concrete.
- Water-based and non-flammable.
- Formulated for exterior use.
W-1000 has excellent sealing characteristics that can be used to seal concrete, masonry, concrete tile, natural and cast-stone, mortar, brick or stucco.
When used as a curing compound, W-1000 forms a membrane barrier to prevent the rapid loss of water from the surface of freshly placed concrete. This barrier retains the moisture so vital for proper cement hydration and the development of strength and hardness.
W-1000 helps control cracking and the development of efflorescence. When dry, W-1000 leaves a clear, nearly invisible, semi-gloss finish that is long-lasting, durable and protects against dusting, water damage and many types of stains. W-1000 is also used to pre-treat masonry and other surfaces to provide a sealed surface for less paint soak-through.
To cure, seal, harden and dustproof freshly poured uncolored or colored concrete. Apply after all bleed water and surface sheen has evaporated, finishing has been completed and concrete has achieved an initial set.
Clean surface of oil, grease, dust, dirt or foreign matter. Rinse with water.
OLD, DUSTY CONCRETE:
Clean surface of oil, grease, dust, dirt or foreign matter. Etch old, dusty surface with light duty concrete cleaner or a solution of 1 part muriatic (hydrochloric) acid diluted with 20 parts of water. Flush and rinse completely with water. Completely remove all dust and latent material.
- Follow surface preparation tips in previous section.
- Stir or shake before opening.
- Use straight out of the container – Do not Dilute.
- Apply to surfaces that are dry or damp but not wet.
- Protect surrounding structures from overspray.
- Apply when ambient and surface temperature is above 45° F (7° C) and expected to remain above that for at least 12 hours.
- Apply with an airless or pump sprayer that is free from any resin, oil or solvent residue.
- Use sprayer on lightest setting for maximum atomization of spray. Ordinary pump canister sprayers for garden or construction use will NOT atomize adequately. Use canister sprayers designed for application of wood finishes or form release agents with the smallest available flat-fan spray tip (.10) to (.30GPM). A powered airless sprayer produces the best spray pattern.
- Apply thin coat uniformly over the surface. Fog lightly over sloped surfaces or impressions to prevent runs and streaks.
- Do not allow sprayer to spit or sputter. Unclog nozzle and repressurize before continuing.
- If clogging continues, empty sprayer back into jog. Clean and flush sprayer with hot water. Then pour sealer through fine strainer or cheesecloth when refilling sprayer.
- If spray equipment is not available, a short nap paint roller can be used; however, do not over-apply with a roller. For best results, use a powered airless sprayer.
- Test apply to small area and allow to dry. Inspect and approve results before continuing.
- Do not try to soak concrete with this product. Over-application will result in a thick coat that can be too glossy and could remain “tacky” when heated by sunlight. Thick coats also show tire tracks and “prints” more than thin coats.
- Puddles or drips should be wiped up before they dry.
- Do not apply if rain, dew or water exposure is expected within 24 hours after application. Early exposure to moisture can cause permanent discolorations or damage.
- Do not apply in dusty conditions. Dust and dirt will adhere to the product when wet and will be locked into it as it dries.
- W-1000 will not adhere properly to waxy, painted or otherwise sealed surfaces. Other curing agents or waxes must be stripped completely before attempting to apply W-1000.
- Sealed surfaces are slipperier when wet then unsealed surfaces.
W-1000 is not suitable for concrete subject to chemical or acid exposure, heavy wear, for lift traffic, hydrostatic pressure or continuous water submersion. W-1000 cannot hide or even out dark or blotchy areas in concrete flatwork caused by over-troweling or entrapped moisture.
AS CURING COMPOUND
200 – 300
350 – 450
300 – 400
400 – 500
W-1000 will skin over in 30 minutes and harden in approximately 4 hours. Allow 24 hours to dry completely. Weather and concrete conditions can retard or advance dry time from 1 to 8 hours. If a second coat is desired, allow the first coat to dry over night before reapplication. Make certain the sealer is hard before resuming floor traffic. Allow 7 days before resuming automobile traffic.
Use soap and water promptly after application, before sealer is allowed to dry. Rinse equipment of any cleaning agent before next use.
Surfaces sealed with W–1000 can be kept clean by washing with soap and water. Abrasive cleaners, harsh chemicals, acids and some floor strippers can damage the sealer finish as can normal wear and tear. W-1000 may be reapplied to damaged or worn areas. Use a trigger-spray bottle or paint brush for touch-ups.
- composition: Proprietary emulsion of modified acrylic co-polymer, water, long alcohol, surfactant.
- Appearance: Milky-white liquid that turns slightly blue when sprayed on, then dries totally clear to a low-gloss finish. Sealer will not cloud or turn yellow.
- Surpasses ASTM C309 specifications.
- Exceeds California AQMD requirements.
- V.O.C. content 60 g/l
- Solids Content: 17%
- Viscosity (centipoises): 25 @ 68° F (20° C)
- Freezing Point: 32° F (O° C)
- Flash Point: Non-Flammable
- % Volatile: 83%
- Weight/gal: 8.4 lbs. per gal
- Shelf Life: 1 year
Store container after each use and store away from heat sources. DO NOT ALLOW TO FREEZE.
Store excess sealer for touch-ups. Do not pour waste down household or storm drain. Take unwanted sealer to household hazmat round-ups or donate to civic or graffiti clean-up services.
Two 2.5 gallon plastic container jugs per carton. Weight including carton for parcel or overnight shipment is 48 lbs. each. Minimum quantity for pallet shipment is 225 gallons, (45 cartons).
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Davis Colors™ warrants the original purchases of this product against defects in materials for a period of 12 months from date of purchase. Notice of any claim of defect must be given in writing. Davis Colors™ will either provide replacement produce or refund the purchase price for the amount of sealer found defective at our option.
THIS IS THE ENTIRE WARRANTY AND NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Davis Colors™ SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE REMEDIES PROVIDED HEREIN ARE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL Davis Colors™ BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT OR LABOR COSTS) WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL DOCTRINE.